How Your Business can Benefit from Toll-Free Numbers
Having a 1800 number can be a valuable business asset. How? Here are some perceived benefits of having toll-free numbers for your business venture:
Same number, for life
Being virtual numbers, you can use the same 1800 number for the duration of your business. Even if you decide to relocate or change your office phone, that won't affect how your customers will contact you – they can still connect with you through your old number. Your toll-free number provider simply have to reconfigure the settings of your number so they can reroute and forward calls to your new phone and fax numbers.
Easy to remember
Have you ever heard of a vanity number? More and more businesses are taking advantage of these for effective marketing purposes. Simply put, having your clients and potential customers remember your business's 10-digit number they saw on a billboard is quite difficult. With a vanity number, such as a 1-800-TAXICAB, that will be easier for them to remember. Of course, if your number has more recall, that can lead to more sales and can serve as an effective promotional strategy for the business.
Businesses are likely to put their phone numbers in their marketing materials. Printing of these materials require a considerable budget itself, how much more if you have to reprint them simply because you have a new phone number? Like what's mentioned above, you can keep the same business number of life, saving you money in the future for your marketing campaign.
Toll-free numbers can help build a positive and professional image for your business. You can be a start-up small business owner working from home, but you'll have so much credibility from using a toll-free number than a regular landline or mobile phone.
Improved customer experience
It's frustrating for customers and a bad image for your business if they call your number and got no response. It's also equally disappointing if they have to pay to call you. With toll-free numbers, they are spared of the call frees if they are calling from a landline. You can also improve customer service through the following:
- Customers can call any time of the day.
- You can request for a rerouting service so the calls will be directly forwarded to the key members of your staff who are 1) available and 2) are the best resource depending on the client's concern.
- Phone number is easy to contact as it can help you eliminate busy tones, which are always a big turnoff for customers calling.
For better marketing campaign tracking
To promote your business, you're likely to take advantage of different marketing platforms and channels, such as billboards and newspaper ads, creating a website, posting in social media sites, or posting an ad in another website. Such marketing campaign tools surely have some budget allocated. However, how do you ensure you're making money out of your campaign? Is the budget or cost required in-line with the sales and profit generated for your business? Toll-free number providers can help you with the following:
- Call Event Analytics feature can be set up to link your call data to your Google Anaytics and Adwords accounts. this can help you track where your callers are coming from.
- You'll know the origin or location of the caller and the specific platform they used to call your number.
- Knowing the frequently used platforms and customer locations can be helpful in making more informed business decisions. This is also a way for you to identify key strategies and channels that work, in real time.
Want to know more about toll-free numbers? You can check out 1800 numbers at EasyInbound for more details.
Photo credit: Phil Dowsing Creative (flickr.com)
As a digital marketer and online content writer, Tin likes to share her insights on a variety of topics, including health and dental care, home improvement, business, and personal development.