Simple Steps to Create HTML Emails
In the past the businesses used texted-based emails to communicate with clients, send newsletters, and announce new products. Today, many people have turned to HTML emails to create their newsletter, beautiful graphics, interactive forms, and clickable links. When creating an HTML email the emails appear as a web page. It has never been easier to create colorful newsletters, add photos, or add informative charts. Today, many web-based businesses use HTML emails in their email marketing campaigns.
The pros of using HTML emails for your business email marketing.
- The emails are visually appealing.
- You can add graphics, different fonts, icons, interactive forms, and clickable links to your emails.
- The HTML emails increase interactivity with your customers allowing them to click on different links in your email.
- HTML emails make it easier to send emails through faster connection speeds of your ISP providers.
- When creating advertisements the HTML emails, add to the effectiveness of your advertisement.
- Today all email clients support HTML email formats.
The cons of using HTML emails for your business email marketing.
- HTML emails take longer to download than text-based emails.
- HTML emails take up more space in your customers email clients.
- A few of your client’s computer won’t support HTML emails.
- Hackers break into HTML emails, and send Trojans, viruses, and spyware to your customers.
- Some customers turn off the HTML feature in their email client or use filters to quarantine HTML emails.
7 – Steps to create HTML emails.
- Use your favorite HTML editor to create your HTML form.
- When inserting graphics use absolute URLs. Example: http://www.yourhostname.com/images/header.jpeg
- Store all graphics used in HTML emails on your web server to appear correctly in your email software.
- Save your created page with an HTML extension. Example: yourmail.html
- Open your email client, create a new email, select, insert text from file, and find your saved HTML text file.
- Before emailing your customers send a test email to yourself or a colleague to see how the email appears in their email client.
- After creating your HTML page or newsletters save the file as a template.
Today HTML emails have become the popular choice for online businesses. Many email list managers offer an easy way to create and send your HTML emails. The clients allow you to view your email before sending the message to your clients.
About Ann Johnston
Ann enjoys writing, reading, gardening, fishing and the great outdoors. Her job has allowed her to travel and live in different countries. She enjoys studying and learning about different cultures.