Top 5 Ways of Attracting Users to a Social Media Account
The main goal of social media marketing is to attract and build a target audience in the shortest possible span of time. SMM is all about networking and more often than not, the quality of the connections that you make are far more important than the number. Getting a large number of followers and building a targeted audience are entirely different approaches that have completely different results.
1. Icons that represent social media Just like each and every page of a website has a signing up to your mailing list, users must also be able to connect to your social media account through links on these web pages. These links are in the form of icons that indicate your preferred social networking platform. All the icons must be grouped in a single place with direct links to all your accounts. You can also include these links in your welcome and auto responder emails.
2. Buttons that represent social media Many social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook offer their tweet and like buttons. These social sharing buttons can be easily added to the posts in your blog. The advantage of using these are: Users and readers can share these posts on their social networks and this will also help in enhancing your social media presence and increase the awareness and popularity of your blog at the same time.
3. Use the existing audience to your maximum advantage If you have more than one social media account, try and attract traffic to it using the existing audience who are familiar with your old/previous account. There is absolutely no need to build a user base from scratch because all you need to do is invite them to the new platform through a blog post or your newsletters.
4. Use ‘call to action’ phrases These call to action phrases work well at the end of each post. A link to connect to your account can also be incorporated in the ‘About Us’ page which is among the most popular pages that readers visit on a blog. This page can be easily used to invite readers to link to other social platforms too.
5. Email signature While most of us tend to overlook the importance of using signatures in our emails, they are a great way of attracting users to our social media accounts. Our email traffic can be used as a potential source of generating leads and establishing contacts too. All you need to do is add the links to your accounts to the email signature that you use regularly.
Social media is a great way of going about establishing long-term and quality contacts along with carrying out lucrative transactions. Updating your profile and using new social media avenues through regular linking and sending out invites as often as possible helps you stay in the game. So, once you find yourself in a comfortable position as far as learning and understanding on social media goes, the best thing is to jump into the process as soon as possible and create a good blog.
About Soumya Nalam
I've a work experience of 10 years, including 5 years as a freelancer My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/soumyanalam My Upwork profile: https://www.upwork.com/users/~010172c0a60cecf462